Starting your own business can be both daunting and exciting as you are taking responsibility for your own future. For people who like to work with others and help them look their best, a salon or spa may be the best business for them to open. If you want to open your own spa or salon, here is some of the equipment you may need for your business.
Consider Your Services
Before you start shopping for the beauty salon supplies you will need for your business, you will first need to determine what type of services you plan to offer. Some beauty salons not only cut and style hair, but they also offer manicures, pedicures or massages. The services you decide to offer your patrons will help determine what your equipment needs will be. Once you decide what services your salon will offer, you can then make out a list of equipment.
For cutting and styling hair, you will need several pieces of equipment, including:
- Salon Chairs – These chairs have an adjustable height to make it easier for the stylist to comfortably cut and style hair.
- Work Stations – A salon work station usually consists of a mirror and cabinet to store supplies so they are within easy reach. Depending on the size of your salon, you may opt for mirrors that attach to the wall or two-sided mirrors so you can have a workstation on either side.
- Shampoo Stations – Ideally, you should have a shampoo bowl for every three hairstylists in your salon. While you can buy shampoo bowls and separate chairs to make sure the clients are comfortable and they can reach the bowl, you can also buy shampoo bowls and chairs as one unit.
- Hooded Dryers – Along with handheld hair dryers, you should consider buying hooded dryers for your salon. They are necessary for hair styles that need to set or for using when people have their hair coloured.
Nail Salon Equipment
If you want to include manicures, pedicures and other nail services in your salon, you will need this equipment:
- Pedicure Stations – These stations include a chair with a foot bath so your clients can relax while someone tends to their
- Manicure Stations – Your manicure stations can be permanent or you can purchase rolling manicure stations that can be moved where you need them.
- Nail Sanitation Equipment – It is extremely important to sanitise nail equipment to keep bacteria from spreading. Purchase equipment that clients can see because they want to be assured nail equipment is being properly sanitised before they have their nails done.
There are many different types of services you can offer at your salon, but if you are just opening your business, you may wish to start with the basics and then expanded your services as you gain clients. Begin by offering hairstyling and then add nail salon services and/or spa services like massages or facials as your business grows. This will keep your initial investment to a minimum when you open your business.